Applying hair dye may be very easy but removing the dye stains off the bathroom counter is usually a difficult thing to do especially when you don’t know how and what to do the cleaning with.
The other day, while I was helping to apply dye on my sister’s hair, a large quantity of dye dropped all over the bathroom granite countertops. It was an eye saw.
However, if you’ve also found yourself in this kind of situation, I will tell you the way you can successfully remove the dye stains. I will explain how to remove dye stains with and without baking soda despite being a granite countertop or not. Trust me, there are several working ways by which to get hair dye off counter.
Table of Contents
How to Remove Hair Dye from Counter
Here is how to get hair dye off counter:
- Get an Ajax Bleach from Amazon
- Drop some amount of Ajax bleach on a small bowl, plate, or glass
- Get an alcohol
- Mix the alcohol with the Ajax bleach you already have on the bowl and make a thick paste
- Make sure to pour a little amount of alcohol into the ajax bleach and make a paste
- The amount of paste you should make depends on how large the dye stained the countertop
- Now use toilet paper and mix the paste. If you have any stick around you, you can use it to do the mixing
- The next thing to do is to dip toilet paper on the paste
- Use it to scrub the areas where the dye stains are on your countertops. The stain will disappear
- When doing the scrubbing, use a wiper or a cloth to wipe and dry the countertops
This product is very good at removing stains in the bathroom. It is bleach and works very well with dye. It removes dye as fast as you can imagine. However, since its a bleach, you are expected to be very careful while using it. Do not let it touch your nose, eye, or mouth. If it mistakenly does, rinse the affected area with water and immediately.
This alcohol can remove the dye stains from the countertops when mixed with the ajax bleach.
How to Remove Hair Dye from a Granite Counter Tops
If you have a granite countertop in your bathroom and kitchen, here is how you can successfully get hair dye off the granite counter.
- Get a Stone Care International Granite and Stone Stain Remover from Amazon
- Get an amount of the Stone Care stain removal and pour it in a little bowl or cup
- Now, pour a little amount of water into the removal on the bowl
- Use a spoon or stick to mix the remover and water until you make a paste
- Now apply the paste where the dye stains are on your countertop
- Leave it on your countertops until after 12 hours
- Come back after 12 or 24 hours, the paste must have dried
- Get a putty’s knife and scrape the paste off the granite countertop
- Now use the Stone Care Daily Cleaner to clean the countertops. You can use cleaner to clean the countertops to ensure the paste is completely removed
However, for a better result, you are advised to seal the paste with tape. To do this, use transparent cellophane and cover the paste, use a tap and hold the cellophane at both sides to make sure it doesn’t go off. Now, find a pin or an earring pin and make a hole on and around the cellophane so that air can enter the paste to enable it dry. Come back after 12 to 24 hours and clean off.
This putty knife comes with a thin steel blade for control while spreading. It can be used to scrape off any unwanted material from a surface.
This granite polish spray ensures that stains are properly removed. It is easy to use and will help make granite countertops look good.
How to Get Hair Dye Off Counter with Baking Soda
Another method by which you can remove a dye stain from a granite countertop is to use baking soda.
- Get a baking soda
- Mix it with water and make a paste (It should not be too watery)
- Apply the paste to all the areas where there are stains
- Allow the paste to sit on the stain for a while
- Now, use a cloth and wipe it off
Moreover, you can still use the method below to remove dye stains from your granite countertops.
- Get a Stone Pro Wet Poultice
- Mix the powder of the Wet Poultice with water and make a paste (it should not be watery)
- Now, apply the paste to the affected area and leave it for some 12 to 24 hours
- You can still follow the method explain earlier which is covering the paste with cellophane and tap it.
- After 12 to 24 hours, remove the paste with your putty’s knife
- And clean properly
All the methods explained in this article are tested and trusted. It works very well. However, If you follow one method explained above and it did not work for you, you are free to try another method. If it worked but did not completely remove the stains, you can repeat the same process again to enable the stain to be completely removed.